Saturday, November 10, 2007

New Co-Chair Young Farmers and Ranchers

My first Farm Bureau meeting was Thursday. It was interesting to say the least. I got to do the Young Farmers and Ranchers report, as the chair wasn't there, and I had attended the state discussion meet and round robin competition. Then the field rep got to putting together our reps for the different programs, Promotion and Education, Local Issues, and such. When it got around to Young Farmers and Ranchers, some of the people on the board wanted to go with the old chair. She's working out of state now, and won't be available all the time. SSOOO, our field rep said "Lizzy, why don't you co-chair?" A few board members were all for it, and I thought it would be good, so I said okay. And so now I am. Though I have no clue what I am getting myself in for. But I'll be out of school soon, so I should have plenty of time to figure it all out.

This coming Friday the field rep and I are going out as one of the teams to try and get some new membership. Anyone wanna join the NY Farm Bureau as a member of Montgomery County?

No comments: