Thursday, February 05, 2009

Tampa Thursday

Let's head to Tampa, where I have a report that it isn't as warm as would be appreciated, and the Tampa Invitational. A one day event, it will be followed by a two day competition in Tallahassee, the Troy-Built Invitational.

For the first weekend, we are going to see a lot of newer bulls, as well some of the well known boys. To start off our winner from last weekend in Winston Salem North Carolina JB Mauney will take on Leprechaun from Fronteir/Teague Bucking Bulls. Leprechaun is getting ridden a lot, but I don't think this will be a go round winner for Mauney. Though it should get him a solid 5-6 place showing.

One match up I am really looking forward to is LJ Jenkins on Booger Butt. Booger Butt is an awesome awesome bull. LJ is a great bull rider. LJ was cut but got back as an alternate. He is going to need to make some big rides to get back on tour. And this could be the bull to do it with. Booger Butt is often a short go bull, so for a rider to have a chance at him in the long round, is a chance that LJ can't afford to let get away from him.

Then there is the Mighty Man Mike White. Who is going to have to get past Cooper, then again, Cooper is getting ridden a LOT this year. White is doing pretty good this year, covering over 40% of his bulls. With how Cooper has been bucking lately, I'd look at this as a probable easy out for White. But eh I was wrong a lot last time around...

Colorado man Kody Lostroh has Super Deuce, who we haven't seen since last season. He was ridden one out of 3 trips, for an even 85 score. Kody is apparently recovering from a bout with the flu, so I am not even going to hazzard a guess on this out. If Kody is feeling better, he should be okay, but if he is still sick and weak, well...

Last weekends number two man, Ryan McConnel, has the new bull Walk My Way. With a new bull it is hard to make a guess what the outcome will be. But Ryan is riding great. SO I think I will go with him on this match. Total side note, but is Walk My Way a son of Walk This Way? Or otherwise related?

My last match up to mention for this week is Skeeter Kingsolver on Hot Wire...yet another new bull. But I felt I had to mention this phenomenal kid, because he is a true pleasure to watch.

4 comments:

~Rachel~ said...

Go Frontier Rodeo Co.!!!! =]

DayPhoto said...

Man, I love the PBR!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com/

The Wife said...

Hey! You should have received your package from me either yesterday or no later than Monday! Hope you like it!

Aspen Photography said...

I like your blog:)
www.happyheiferhouse.blogspot.com