Thursday, April 30, 2009

For Me...

This weekend is all about the PBR Glens Falls Enterprise event. Yes I am also excited because it is Derby week. Though I dont know as much as usual about the colts. I've picked the winner for the last several seasons, but I am a bit uncertain this year, so who knows? Hopefully all the 3 year olds come through the race clean this year. Who is your pick?

But the PBR event is my main focus. Tomorrow at 8 pm the bulls will start bucking. Then I get roughly a total of 4 hours of fun this weekend, 2 tomorrow 2 Saturday with Mom. I'm really hoping that there are some good riders at the event. Though at this point they could throw a monkey on the back of a calf and call it bull riding, I am that hungry for it. Plus I am hoping to see a couple bulls I've come to really love. One is Johnny Ringo. Mom and I sat behind is breeder/owner at Turning Stone in May of 2006, and watched her close the deal to sell him after he threw off both GUilherme Marchi and Ross Johnson that weekend. Last year he couldn't get Mike Lee off, but oh well.

Then there is Prime Minister. He's a nasty spinning tiny little white and black freckled bull. He's so fast he looks like nothing more than a flat white blur as he moves. His two outs last year in Syracuse didn't total a 4 second ride.

Sadly there is no way to know who is riding, or what bulls will be there until Friday night when I get there. I'm still excited though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you want a derby horse? i know a 13 yr old who's a racing fanatic, might be able to give you some good tips :)

lisa said...

Have fun for me tonight and Saturday. Wish I could go with you.