Monday, May 17, 2010

It had been years...

Since I had had an opportunity to ride...

Seven this fall to be exact... And I really do love to ride...

The last horse I got on was a QH named Jackson who had a screw...or ten...loose. He was nuts, literally, later the owners found out he had a very large tumor on his brain, explained a lot...Like why a horse that had always jumped beautifully and loved to move fast suddenly refused the smallest easiest jumps, and was leaping like a PRCA saddle bronc when moving into a trot in the ring...Mom and the owner's mother's bf at the time who Mom has known since she was uhm like 20 were FURIOUS that the owners mother let me get on him...Oops

To say the least for about the last 2 years or so I have been dying to get back in a saddle. Lack of time, and lack of a horse had made riding a bit of a challenge....

Enter the new boyfriend...

And his horse owning horse loving aunt and cousin. And an invite to ride whenever the weather got warm enough.

Back track to last Saturday. And 3 hours and 4 miles of riding on a sweet Paint mare named Baby. And one hell of a quarter mile gallop uphill.

Yeah I had fun, and omg my legs are SORE...But it is that glorious hurt that says holy cow we had FUN...There was that one turkey though...that flew up under the nose of the Appaloosa filly that the boyfriend was on. She freaked a bit. But he is enough of a rider he stayed right with her.

I just have one thing to say though...

Can we go again?

(They currently have three saddle horses, and a pony, Baby the paint, Shilo the App, and Digby the Morgan, they are going to borrow a couple more from a neighbor for Memorial day weekend so we can go on another longer ride for my birthday, aren't they sweeties?!?!)

4 comments:

lisa said...

So, he did talk you into going! Good, I am glad you had a good time!

threecollie said...

What can I say, but sweet!!

The Wife said...

Hey! Now don't think you are going to throw us off the boyfriend trail by throwing out some horse story! You haven't posted for months and now you just so happen to mention a man. Details woman!

Window On The Prairie said...

I haven't been riding in years. I do miss it though sometimes.
Suzanne