Wednesday, November 12, 2014

In a Snap

Little lady bug looking for a winter home

And just like that over night the weather has shifted. Warm and gentle yesterday has turned to cold and bitter this morning. Where doing chores yesterday was a delight, cleaning coops and stalls a lovely way to pass the time Peg napped, today cleaning stalls was hurried and chilly. I'm definitely going to have to get the husband to get me a pair of good tight work gloves on his next pay check, or my hands are libel to freeze. 

On the bright side, I did get all of my coops clean and freshly bedded. I've got to call the guy who agreed to do my turkeys again and see if Friday of this or next week would work for him. 

At least the sun is shining and the house is snug and warm. These are the days one truly is grateful for a large hot cup of coffee!

3 comments:

lisa said...

Never ending chores! Stay warm and snug.

ellie k said...

What do you mean do you turkeys, slaughter them. I thought you would do that at the farm. Is it different to clean a turkey then a chicken?

Paintsmh said...

Ellie, I don't think it would be much different. However, we simply aren't set up to do it ourselves. Getting them plucked etc would be a nightmare. And with Peggy in tow it is just that much worse. Instead I like the option of paying the guy we are going to be going to 10-12 dollars a piece and just having to get them there and back! And yes slaughtered lol totally missed that when I started typing this!