Monday, January 01, 2007

Fustead Emory Blitz-ET












I was surfing through
the photo gallery of Select Sire Power's website, and decided to take a look at Blitz's page. He is the sire of my second place April calf, Mendocino. Hopefully, her mommy (Mandolin Rain) is carrying another calf by him. Anyways, I am always impressed by his daughters. They're long, tall, lean, and darn good milk cows. And to top it all off, they do very very well in the show ring. Talk about your all around cows.

Mandy is by another Select bull, Ocean-View Zenith-TW-ET. I got to visit Ocean-View a few years ago on a college field studies trip that went to California. I took lots of pictures of their outstanding cattle. I will have to scan some in and post them. The cows were absolutely stunning.

Top Photo: Frieland Z Mandolin Rain and me in the Senior Three Year Old class. Photo courtesy of my big brother.
Bottom Photo:
Maqua-Kil Blitz Mendocino with my brother in the Junior Exhibitor's Herd.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought I'd stop by and say hi. Those are some good pictures. I thought maybe we'd see the one of the "boss." Haha I hope you had a nice New Year.

Paintsmh said...

Hi big brother. I can't take the credit. You took the one, and my mom took the other. Course, it is hard to take photos and handle cattle at the same time.
We had a pretty good new years. Hope yours was good too. Maybe I will put that photo of the 'boss' up...though I might have to run and hide after I do so. Love yah.